Monday, May 26, 2008

Still More Iris

I can't help it! I have enjoyed my iris bed sooooo much this year. As of today the winds and rain have pretty much beat what are left to death. But as you can see here last weekend they were just beautiful.
The first picture is with a flash after sunset. It totally distorts the color but I like the effect.

This one is very true to color and I love the contrast between the two shades of purple. Check out the center of the dark iris. It almost looked animal like.


I only had two stems of this color but it is probably my favorite. Or maybe that dark purple. I'm not sure. This stem was completely gone before the second one bloomed and it was immediately broken over by a storm. The same storm we took a lightening strike from. So far the AC is the only thing affected. We hope.
I have been doing a little knitting but need to take pictures to share.
Until next time. Stay safe if you too are in the path of night after night of turbulent weather.



3 comments:

Grace said...

Irises are my favorite flower, and yours are so lovely!!!! I live in an apt now, and no irises, but i drive by houses with them and drool. In one of our houses we had over 30 varieties!!!

Cathie said...

You know how much I love iris - just look at my recent work. Wow Teresa - these are gorgeous. I can see why you enjoy that bed so much. I love your multi colored cloth - that yarn is so pretty. Your cloths are really cute. I still want one of those turkeys!!

kibbles said...

Hello from a fellow Kansan!

Love your iris photos! They're beautiful! :)

I know what you mean about KAL projects...so many to join, so little time to knit!

Hope you find time to knit in your lovely backyard!